Packing List for Moving
Professional Moving Resource
Here is a packing checklist to help you ensure you are packing your items safely and securely. Keep in mind that National Van Lines provides a full service moving experience, and we can handle all of the packing for you. From residential moving to commercial moving and storage to warehousing and distribution, we do it all at great prices.
- Use cartons of adequate size and strength.
- When packing fragile items, always cushion the bottom of the carton and between layers.
- Wrap fragile items individually.
- Place heavier items in the lower part of the carton and lighter items in the upper levels.
- Be generous with newsprint cushioning; it absorbs shock.
- Make sure all items are firmly packed in each carton. Loose items may move during transit and cause damage.
- Do not overfill cartons. Make sure the tops close easily without bulging.
- Double tape and use PVC or strapping tape to keep cartons from bursting during transit.
- Use a heavy marking pen to label your cartons.
- Mark the tops and sides of all cartons.
- Mark the room each carton should be placed in when it arrives (kitchen, master bedroom, etc.).
- Mark fragile items FRAGILE.
- For items you will need immediately after you arrive at your new home, mark LOAD LAST, UNLOAD FIRST.
- When appropriate, mark the carton THIS END UP.